It is the policy of Hillcrest Spring to offer limited visitation according to The New York State Department of Health (DOH) guidelines to maintain the safety and well-being of our residents.
1. Conditions for Visitation
- There must be no orders by our local health department or NYS Department of Health to quarantine the community
- With the exception of compassionate or end-of-life care visits, to be eligible visitation, residents must not be in isolation or observation with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis
- Visitors under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult age18 years or older
2. Scheduling of Visits
- Scheduled 24 hours in advance unless authorized by Administrator or designee
- Contact Hillcrest Spring's receptionist at 518-843-3770 Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30am - 5pm.
- Visitation Hours:
- Monday – Friday and 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Monday – Friday 1p.m - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 2:00 p. m. – 3:00 p.m.
3. Visitor Capacity:
Maximum of 10% of the resident census at any one time: only two visitors per resident at any time.
4. Upon Arrival:
- All visitors will enter at Main Entrance
- All visitors will be greeted by a staff member who will initiate and ensure completion of the screening process:
- Visitor Screening Form
- Provide hand sanitizer
- Provide mask if not wearing one
- Take temperature, must be below 100°F
- Visitation will be denied to any potential visitor:
- Who screens positive for signs/symptoms of COVID-19
- Who does not pass the health screening
- Whose recent travel falls under current CDC guidelines pertaining to international travel
- Who has been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person in previous 14 days
5. Outdoor Visits
will take place on the outside patio, weather permitting
6. Indoor Visits
- Adirondack Room
- Conference Room
- Resident room if it is a private room
- Shared room: visitation will take place outside of a shared room
- Sole exception: resident unable to leave room due to health status and visit is pre-arranged with Administrator or designee
7. Supervision of Visits
- When possible, the designated facility staff will accompany the visitor(s) to the identified meeting location; if this is not possible, designated staff will remind visitors of COVID-19 infection control procedures to be observed during entire visit
- Hand hygiene: hand sanitizer available throughout building
- Wearing of face mask
- Social distancing: 6 feet apart
- Staff persons assigned to supervise visits will keep their distance to allow for privacy and provide assistance as needed
- Staff will maintain general awareness that visitors/residents are complying with social distancing, face masks, and other rules
- Visit in apartment: Appropriate, consistent, and timely supervision will occur to ensure general safety of resident and ensure visitor compliance of all rules
Printed copies of this Visitation Plan are available at the Reception Desk
We thank you for your active participation in and adherence to our Visitation Plan as we continue to partner together to keep your loved ones safe and healthy.
Hillcrest Spring Residential Administration and Staff